September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

3 day weekend!!! Isn't that what we all love to hear? (Besides 4, or 5, or 6 days... or VACAY!?) :). 
Unfortunately Bret rarely gets Saturday's off ever (yes, it is the pits!) and this weekend was no exception. However, we were both happy that he at least had Monday off so we could play and spend time with each other. Always good times. We left Saturday night after he was off work and headed to Beaver, UT where his mom's lovely cabin is. We had a really fun time! All his siblings were there (minus Lindzie, her husband Kyle, and our cute niece Evelynn). I was uuuuber excited his sister, Kamille, was coming from SUU to play with us for the weekend too (sure she just left 2 weeks ago for college, but hey! We miss the girl! lol.) Also Bret's Grandpa & Grandma Owen's were there as well. We went quadding/4-wheeling; ate; lounged; played Solitaire, Speed, and Shaing-hai; and just had a grandeous time. I actually learned how to drive the quad for the first time in my life. Good times! The first time I ever went quadding was when I was 16 in good ol' Canada with my bffe/cousin Erin. We went with some good friends/who happened to be cute boys (of course that was a plus, right?! haha.) It was a great experience and tons of fun, and I have loved it ever since! But I have always been the passenger, hanging on from behind and enjoying the ride... I have this idea in my head that if I touch it, it will break (that applies to basically everything). So! Instead I choose to enjoy things from the passenger side and not take the chances of breaking things. haha. However, Bret finally convinced me I'd have to be a complete fool with the thing to actually break it, so I tried it out and he taught me well. I'm no mountaineer, but beginners have to start somewhere, right? :). So that was good fun. We then went for a long ride on a trail with the family and had a grand old time. We love going up to the cabin because it is gorgeous up there and it's just fun to be with everyone. We also had the pleasure of a mama deer and her baby coming close to the cabin and they were just oh-so-cute! Now we are home and letting it sink in we have to go back to work tomorrow. :)
Oh 3 day weekends, how we love you - please come back soon! :)

2 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

remember how the "cute boy" i was with ended up being our second cousin? so lame...

Bret and Britni said...

bahahaha. Yes! But luckily we figured that one out just before you were to develop a crush on him. Nipped that one right in the bud! hahaha. Good times, great oldies my friend!