... I love about Bret.
Bret turned 25 on Monday, October 10th. (Shout out also to my baby bro, Carson, who turned 20! Love you Carbar!!!)
I figure, since Bret turned 25 - a quarter of a century!! - why don't I write 25 things I just loooooove about him?! Hey, maybe he will even pop onto this thing to read them himself! :)
1) I love his hands.
2) I love how hard he works every day.
3) I love how he is so willing to work hard to provide for our family.
4) Basically, I love his work ethic... he is seriously great! DTC is lucky to have him. :)
5) I love how his eyes change color with the color of shirts he wears.
6) I love how PATIENT he is - trust me, he needs it with me sometimes! haha.
7) He is soo chill. Like, seriously. He doesn't let anything "wind him up". I could learn a lot from him. :)
8) I love that he listens to every thing that I say. ... Except for maybe if the TV is on, then our conversation is sort of like, "Huh...? Wha...?" BUT once it is off he truly listens, and cares.
9) I love how he truly believes in me, even when I do not believe in myself. Which can happen a lot.
10) I love how he never gives up. He has always been the glue in our relationship, and I LoVe him for it.
11) I love his testimony in Jesus Christ and in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
12) I love how he thinks everything is funny. Haha seriously that kid is such a kid, but I love it! :)
13) I love that he still looooves to play with Legos. Like I said, he is such a kid. :). In fact, I took him to Legoland for his 25th birthday present! It was his first time there... and even though the rides weren't much to talk about, he was seriously fascinated by "MiniLand" and the way everything was built. We spent hours looking at everything and him taking pictures. He was quite content! :)
14) I love how he always wants to excel and be better. At work, if someone tells him he needs to do something better he doesn't get butt-hurt or angry or defensive - like a lot of people do. Instead, he values what anyone says to him, and he truly makes the effort and DOES better. He isn't a try-er (word? no.), he is a do-er. This is an extremely attractive quality about him.
15) I love how he secretely looks forward to being a dad... even if we do seriously "joke" that our Sunday School class makes us think twice about wanting to be parents. haha.
16) I love how he wants to be a great dad. Not just good, but amazing. He understands the importance of having a male figure, and someone being there. I miss my dad a lot - always - and what I want more than anything for my children is a strong and loving and active dad in their life.
17) I love how handy-many he is. He fixes and does a lot, and enjoys doing it.
18) I love how he puts me first, and truly wants my happiness... as I want his also.
19) I love his laugh. Seriously hilarious when he gets a belly laugh going.
20) I love how he knows me so well... even when it can be obnoxious. Like knowing soo well when that T.O.M. is coming. haha.
21) I love how much he truly loves and cares for my family. He considers my mom one of his great friends... and, considering she is one of my very greatest, that means the world to me! He loves having her around and understands and likes being close to my family. He wants the same thing for our kids - for them to be close and the very best of friends.
22) I love how he treats me like the prettiest gal alive, even if it may not be the truth... he truly makes me feel like I am. :)
23) I love how we can't stay mad at each other for long.
24) I love how tender he is. So sweet and patient and loving. Seriously, I love this guy.
25) I love how he feels lucky to have me, and how I feel just as lucky - if not more - to have him.
Other things I love about Bret: How we both have just 1 "t" in our names ; his favorite number is 10... so favorite that he wanted our wedding date to be Jan 10th since it is 01 10 (ten backwards and forwards). hah k that's not the only reason why we picked that date, but it was enticing to him! ; How he remembers all sorts of random facts ; How much he looooooooooooooooooooooves the lake. (Did I stress that enough?!) :)
Sure, he may drive me absolutely batty at times because he knows just which buttons to push (and enjoys doing so - a lot - for some wacky reason! haha) but he is truly the love of my life. I am so happy to be married to him for time and all eternity. I love him THAT much, and so much more.
Happy Birthday Bret! :)
2 comments:
You are so sweet! Bret is lucky to have such a DEAD SEXY and thoughtful wife. So happy that you crazy kids are so happy. :D Love you sister.
Thanks Mandy! :). Hmm, Dead sexy, eh?! Wowza! I like that! haha. Love you missy missy!
Post a Comment