November 24, 2010

Birthday shopping (six months later!) Buahaha

Yep, you surely read that correctly. I went birthday shopping for myself, almost 6 months after the celebration of my day of birth. I was given some money, and just held on to it until I knew what I wanted. Well, considering I hate almost all my clothes right now, and I am cold, I figured now was the time to go buy a few things. And let's be honest, going on the cursed (for me) birth-control pill did not do my body any favors. I never weighed more than 104 until after I went on the pill. I know, some people say, "It is because you got married and let go of yourself!" Now, now, let us not be too quick to judge. I can truly say I have not changed my eating habits and probably eat better now than before. It really was instantaneous, I started birth control, I gained weight. Simple as that. It totally messed with my metabolism and how fast it worked. So, now, my weight has ranged between 12-16 pounds more than I've ever been in my life (depending on if "Aunt Flow" is in town), but it has been a roller coaster ride for me having to try and find a way to deal with the slight weight gain and the fact I am just not able to apparently do anything about it. j!@#$$%@!$%$! I don't know what that spells, but it says something not-happy. So, anyways, clothes have been on my mind. And a few clothes is what I got! I am only missing gloves and a jacket, and I am all set for winter. Woo hoo!

Also, let me please mention that I have asked for a jacket for Christmas for 3 years now, and for 3 years now Bret has told me, "Come my sweetness, let us go buy you a warm jacket my Queen!" Okay, maybe he did not tell me I was his Queen, but he surely must have thought it. haha. However, every time we go to shop for one I look at the price tag and say, "Nope!" Silly, right? I know. And then there I am every winter, wearing my dinky hooded sweaters and wondering why I am shivering my face silly, and cursing myself for not having a warm winters coat... Well, I guess I only have my frugal self to blame. :). So, maybe this will be my year. P.s. Any suggestions on where to look for cute, but warm, coats? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

...Needless to say, today was a great day! It is always a little rewarding having a cute new outfit in your closet... Me gusta! And I must say that I am so proud of myself for hanging onto my birthday money and not putting it towards a car payment, or gas, or lunch - which has often been the case in previous years. Yay me! Even Bret told me he was so proud of his "little spender" bahahaha. Maybe one day, when I am not so afraid of what the next month or pay check might bring, I will relax a bit more in the monies department. But alas, that is not our situation in life right now. And quite frankly, I really do know we are truly blessed with all that we do have. I am so grateful Bret's got a wonderful job with a truly great company, which he get's better and better at every day. I am also grateful for mine and also for the slowly-but-surely voice teaching that I have growing on the side.

Ahh, sweet retail therapy, how we love you and oh how you do us all some good when we are able to get crazy and justify to be able to drop some CA$H! ...I even made a post about it! *GASP!*

2 comments:

Russell Fam said...

i personally would suggest jcp. my mom just got me the CUTEST coat there for my b-day, and said she only paid $40 for it! its not uber warm, but you live in vegas, and its not uber cold there. IDEA LIGHTBULB! lets secretly go shopping this weekend and get you a coat!!!! good play. love you and so excited to see you!

Bret and Britni said...

Woo hoo! I like your idea light bulbs! However, I did actually find a coat yesterday at the Bells mall at Aeropostle (sp??) and it's wicked warm and only $50... originally $100 (I NEVER would have paid that price p.s., who do these people think they are?!) I'm so excited to see you it might be insane. But don't worry, I'll keep myself in check. haha. Love you!